Terms & Conditions Let's Go Rental
Low Cost Van Hire in Bristol.
1.1 All drivers must be between 21-70 years old and hold a full valid UK/EU licence for a minimum of 1 year, with no major driving offences/disqualifications in the past 4 years - Allowances can be made for minor endorsements (please contact us for details). Drivers of Minibuses must be over 25 years old and in possession of category D1 driving licence.
1.2 The Renter shall have the vehicle for the period shown in the agreement as specified at clause 1. If the vehicle is not returned on the agreed time, it shall be considered as breaking the conditions of this agreement. The Renter shall be charged at a daily rate of exclusive of VAT until the vehicle is returned, or if the conditions are violated. The deposit will also be rendered non-refundable as specified at clause 1.1.
1. Renter Responsibilities
1.1 The Renter must inspect the vehicle and any accessories provided by the company before taking occupancy of the vehicle. If the Renter is not satisfied with the vehicle or do not think the vehicle meets the pre - rental inspection report, the Company shall be immediately informed before taking the vehicle out.
1.2 Once the pre-rental inspection report is signed off, the Renter is responsible for the vehicle whether it is collected in branch or dropped off at an agreed location.
1.3 The Renter is responsible for looking after the vehicle, any accessories, keys and, or other locking devices for the vehicle. The Renter must always lock the vehicle and remove the keys when it is either parked or stationary, and use any security device which is fitted or which we supply.
1.4 The Renter is responsible for protecting the vehicle against weather conditions which could cause damage.
1.5 The Renter is responsible for using the correct type of fuel and fluids in the vehicle. If any damages occur due to the Renter's negligence, it must be reported to the company within 24 hours and the Renter shall recover the vehicle accordingly as per this agreement. The Renter shall be invoiced in full for any repair costs exclusive of VAT.
1.6 The Renter is responsible for any damage to the vehicle, including damage caused by hitting low level objects such as bridges or low hanging tree branches. The Renter will have to pay the costs for bringing the vehicle back to the condition stated in the pre - rental inspection report. This will include the cost of any damage inside and outside the vehicle, cleaning costs if the vehicle is very dirty, and replacing any items or accessories.
1.7 The Renter has no right to sell, sub hire the vehicle or any of its parts. The Renter must not give or try to give anyone the legal rights to the vehicle or transfer legal ownership.
1.8 The Renter is responsible to notify the company within 24 hours if the vehicle develops any major mechanical faults. The Renter must not let anyone repair the vehicle, or take the vehicle to an unapproved garage without prior permission of the company. Failure to report any such defects within the specified time or to get it repaired without prior permission shall be considered a breach of this agreement.
1.9 In the event the vehicle breaks down the Renter must call our 24 hour helpline mobile 0777 334 3435 to notify the Company of the breakdown in order to arrange a replacement vehicle. Such vehicle shall be sought within 10 working days.
1.10 In the event of a breakdown if the vehicle has developed any engine faults it is the Renter's responsibility to recover the vehicle to. In the event of the transmission failing the vehicle must be recovered to 40a Downend Road, Kingswood, Bristol BS15 1SE. If in doubt as to which would be a relevant recovery address, please call the helpline.
1.11 It is the Renter's responsibility to report any mechanical, interior or exterior damage, or any defect within 24 hours, failure to do so will be considered a breach of this agreement.
1.12 It is the Renter's responsibility to notify the Company within 24 hours if the vehicle is stolen or involved in an accident providing us with the crime reference number. In the event the car requires recovery please contact us as mentioned above.
1.13 It is also the Renter' responsibility to;
- Make the vehicle secure.
- If Renter has an accident he must not admit responsibility. He should get the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses.
- Tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or if there is a disagreement over responsibility.
- The Renter must then fill in our accident report form and send it to our address.
- If the vehicle is stolen, the Renter must confirm this in writing to us quoting the crime reference number within 24 hours otherwise this will considered a breach of the agreement.
- Renter shall remain liable irrespective of whether he has completed this form.
1.14 The Renter must not transport dangerous goods in the vehicle if the Renter is not aware of the security requirements initiatives and regulations relating to dangerous cargo.
1.15 The Renter must not load or transport dangerous goods beyond the threshold laid down in the Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations.
2. End of Hire Agreement
The vehicle has to be returned on the date as specified in clause 1 above by 5pm to the rental branch as agreed. On return it may be necessary to clean the vehicle before our staff can carry out a proper assessment.
The vehicle will be assessed against;
- The pre - rental inspection report.
- For any mechanical faults, if any mechanical faults are detected which have not been disclosed as mentioned earlier, the Renter will be responsible for any repair costs exclusive of VAT.
- The hire agreement will be enforce and valid until the Renter is issued with a return receipt for the vehicle.
3. The Company's Responsibilities
3.1 During the pre - rental inspection report, the company will identify and inform about any existing damage to the vehicle before the agreement is signed.
3.2 The vehicle has been maintained to at least the manufacturers recommended standard. The vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for the use at the start of the rental period.
4. Loss of Goods/Property
The Company is not responsible for loss or damage to the goods/property in the vehicle. It is the Renter's responsibility to remove all the personal belongings from the vehicle. The company shall not be responsible for any items left/forgotten in the vehicle.
5. Conditions for Using the Vehicle
Only the named drivers on the agreement and anyone given written permission by the company can drive the vehicle. Anyone driving the vehicle must have a full driving licence which is valid in the European Economic Area for the type of vehicle you are renting. Moreover;
5.1 Renter or any authorised driver must not:
- You must not rent the vehicle to anyone else.
- You must also not use the vehicle or let someone else use it.
- For any illegal purpose or in a way which would cause nuisance.
- Driving lessons.
- If the driver has been drinking alcohol or taking drugs, or is under the influence of any illegal substance.
- Outside the United Kingdom, unless we have given written permission.
- Off roads or roads unsuitable for the vehicle.
- To tow or push any vehicle, trailer or other object, without our written permission.
- If it's loaded beyond the manufacturer's maximum weight recommendations.
- To carry unsecured loads.
- Carry a number of passengers and/or baggage which would cause the vehicle to be overloaded; or in the case of a commercial vehicle a carrier payload which exceeds the maximum payload and individual axle plated weights or for a purpose which requires an Operator's Licence where Renter does not have one.
We work out our charges using our current price list which includes VAT, available on request. You will be responsible for paying the following charges;
7. Violation Charges
7.1 The Renter, if violates any clause of the contract, shall be charged full for the agreement time.
7.2 If the contract is violated, the deposit will be non-refundable.
7.3 The loss of keys, charges will apply for replacement and delivery of new keys.
7.4 A refuelling service charge will apply if vehicle is not returned with the agreed amount of fuel. The charge will be based on the rates set.
7.5 By signing this agreement the Renter accepts full liability and responsibility for paying the appropriate authority or company for any charges, costs and payments which have occurred during the rental period. The Renter accepts full liability and responsibility for paying, and administrating the paperwork required for dealing with these matters. All charges for legal costs for any congestion charge, road traffic offence or parking offence, or any offence involving the rental vehicle, including costs from the vehicle being clamped, seized or towed away, the Renter shall be liable for all offence related charges and administration.
7.6 The reasonable cost for repairing any damage to the vehicle which was not noted at the start of the agreement, whether the Renter is at fault or not. Should we consider damage to be caused by gross negligence or deliberate misuse, the Company reserves the right to recharge the cost of repairs in full regardless of the insurance cover that has been taken out, i.e. fuel contamination. Any call out for a customer induced fault (e.g. a call out to change a punctured tyre) could lead to additional charges being applied to rental agreement.
7.7 Any recovery charges arising from the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA), HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), the police, or any other public organisation (or their agent) who has seized the vehicle. The Renter shall also have to pay a loss of income charge while the company cannot rent out the vehicle.
8. The Renter's Own Insurance
The Renter is responsible for his own motor insurance to cover the vehicle and his legal responsibility for any loss, or if the vehicle is stolen or damaged, for the full period of the agreement. By signing this agreement, the Renter confirms that motor insurance to cover the vehicle is valid and legal. We have the right to agree:
- The amount of cover the Renter arrange.
- The type of policy the Renter choose.
- The Company must be satisfied with the insurance cover and policy conditions, and the Renter must not change them for the agreed rental period. The company may ask your insures to record our name as owners of the vehicle. If the vehicle is damaged or stolen we will negotiate any settlement for loss or damage with your insurers ourselves, and we will receive any monies paid out.
- If the vehicle is lost, stolen, damaged or considered a right off or total loss by an insurance company, or assessor, it is the Renter's responsibility to pay the full current market value of the vehicle at the time of hire plus any future loss of rental income within 30 days.
9. Data Protection
By entering into this rental agreement the Renter agrees that we can process and store your personal information in connection with this agreement. The Renter agrees that if he break the terms of the agreement, the company may pass his personal information to credit - reference agencies, debt collectors, the police or any other relevant organisation.
10. Ending This Agreement
The company has the right to end this agreement if we find that your assets or goods have been taken away from you by creditors to pay off outstanding debt, or if a receiving order has been made against you. We may end this agreement if you do not meet its main conditions. If you are a company we will end the agreement if;
- You go into liquidation.
- You call a meeting of creditors.
- We find out that your goods have been taken away from you until you pay off your debts.
- You no longer meet any of the conditions of the agreement.
If we end this agreement it will not affect our right to receive any amount you owe us under the conditions of this agreement. We can also claim reasonable costs from you if you do not meet the main conditions of this agreement. We can repossess the vehicle and charge you a reasonable amount for doing so.
11. Breach of Agreement
If the Renter breaches any clauses of this agreement, he will have to return the vehicle to us within 24 hours. The company may ask you to bring back the vehicle before the date and time which was agreed initially. In the case, the company will give you notice in person or send it to the address you have given us. Once we have given you notice in person, you will no longer have our permission to have the vehicle. If we believe you have given us false information, we may take the vehicle back without notice. Late rental payments will result in charges.